- This event has passed.
EPF contest 2018 – Suzdal Russia
23 June 2018 - 24 June 2018
The best ploughmens – members of the European Ploughing Federation on 23 and 24 of June 2018 will compete on the expanse of Suzdal.
We welcome Members of the European Ploughing Federation from Belgium, Czech Republic, Danish, England, Estonia, France, Germany, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Russia, Scotland, Switzerland.
The organizing Committee: European Ploughing Faderation, JSC “Rosagroleasing”, Administration of the Vladimir region.
With the support: the Ministry of agriculture of Russia, the State Duma of the Russian Federation, the Federal Assemble of the Russian Federation, party United Russia, the Association of Russian Peasant (Individual) Farmers and Agricultural Cooperatives (AKKOR), Russian Grain Union, World Ploughing Organization.
Suzdal is one of the picturesque and ancient town in Russia. It was founded in the X century on the banks of the Kamenka river and now there is a popular tourist route, which forms part of the Golden Ring of Russia.
A lot of historical and cultural monuments are included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. Its annual tourist scope is more than 1 mln.
- Suzdal is situated at a distance of 200 km far from Moscow and 30 km from the regional center – Vladimir.
- There are excellent conditions for the Ploughing Championship:
- Training and competition areas are situated near the town and flat plot of 200 hectares directly in the city.
- Technical center for tractors and plows technical maintenance will be opened for participants during the competition.
- Black soil.
- Participants and guests accommodation is expected in the “Suzdal” hotel with sleeping facilities for 700 persons (200 rooms and 100 villas). The “Suzdal” hotel provides convenient parking, camping, swimming pool, gym.
- The distance between the hotel complex and the field for the competition is 6 km.
In Suzdal there are 150 hotels, 60 restaurants of traditional Russian and European cuisine. All competitors and guests of the championship will get the opportunity to take part in the welfare and recreational activities, including visits for sightseeing of Suzdal and Vladimir.
All participants will also have the opportunity to visit Moscow and see the Kremlin, the Red Square, the Bolshoy Theatre, the Tretyakov Gallery, the Old Arbat street and other sights.